It’s National Recovery Month, and it’s the perfect time to celebrate the hard work of recovery. Whether you have days, weeks, months or years of sobriety, it’s important to acknowledge these milestones. It’s a great way to stay motivated and boost your confidence during recovery – and you deserve it! Start with one of these fun, sober ideas to rejoice in your recovery:
- Get involved in the recovery community. National Recovery Month is filled with in-person and online events; just visit Recovery.org and find one near you. Bonus: Celebrating your recovery with others in the addiction recovery community can help you develop a wider network of support to help you stay strong and sober.
- Connect with loved ones. Call up a friend or loved one who has stuck by your side during recovery and arrange a date. Get together for a movie night or afternoon in the park. Spending time with those closest to you is the perfect way to celebrate your recovery and say thanks.
- Try something new and enriching. A big part of a successful recovery is building a fulfilling sober life. Celebrate a recovery milestone by taking a cooking class or visiting a nearby city or signing up for a 5K – or whatever healthy activity you’ve always wanted to try.
- Volunteer. Giving back to others – whether within the recovery community or a local charity – is a great way to give back and feel good about you. It’s also a great reminder of how far you’ve come and how much you truly have to celebrate in your new sober life.
- Treat yourself. The next time you reach a recovery goal, go ahead and reward yourself – whether this means carving out time for a long hike or treating yourself to a massage. Just make sure that it’s a healthy reward that will motivate you toward ongoing recovery.
Our 12-Step Intensive Program
The completion of the 12 steps is certainly worth celebrating. At Makana Path, we help clients better understand the 12 steps and learn how to take actionable steps to incorporate these principles into their daily lives. To learn more, call today: 866-922-0776.